Business Training & Capacity Building
This program will provide rebate funding to support new projects or campaigns that provide Business Training and Capacity Building to community businesses.
Such projects may include, but are not limited to:
- financial literacy
- business plan development
- social media marketing
- risk management
- Management skills
- Leadership development
- Board Development
- Financial literacy
- Succession planning
- Human Resource Management
- Funding Terms
A rebate of up to 75% of a yearly maximum of 5K can be recovered for the direct costs associated with the eligible costs of an approved training program.
- Hard costs directly related to facilitators and trainers.
- Hard goods (training manuals, textbooks, etc)
- Course Costs
- Marketing cost of training course to a maximum of $250.00
- GST and PST
- Costs incurred (work started and/or deposits paid) prior to signing an agreement with Indigenous Business Development Services
- Operational costs and staff wages
- Postage(including for direct mail campaigns), phone office space rental, photocopying, or in-house printing
- Incentives, promotional items, giveaways, prizes and merchandise for resale
- Project cost over-runs
- In-kind (volunteer) labor and/or monetized donations (donated materials, equipment, or services from third parties). These are encouraged, but cannot be considered as a cash equivalent contribution under this program.
Application Intake Dates
December 8, 2017 Midnight Pacific Standard Time
Application and Program Requirements
All applicants are required to confirm and/or submit the following information. Only applicants that meet these requirements will be processed.
- Complete the IBDS Business Training and Capacity Building Initiatives Form
- The project must be located within the applicants respective community or region
- A detailed budget for the Business Training and Capacity Building initiative, including supporting quote(s)
- Identify other project funding sources in addition to IBDS funding, include the verification of approval
- Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable)
- Submit the Appointment of Delegate Form
All business training & capacity building initiatives supported by Indigenous Business Development Services must be evaluated and verified following the completion of the project prior to releasing funding. A project is considered complete once the training program is concluded and all related expenses have been invoiced. Reporting on measurable outcomes will be required from all successful applicants approximately one month after project completion. If an applicant fails to submit their reporting forms, future projects will be ineligible for funding. A 10% fee will be applied to the last payment if the report is not submitted on time.
Maximum Cost Recovery Available: 75% of project cost
Maximum Application Amount $5,000.00