2. Haida Gwaii Community Futures will supply the clams as donated by Haida Wild Seafoods and $50.00 for the purchase of other local ingredients. The competitor needs to provide his or her own seasoning.
3. Haida Gwaii Community Futures will provide disposable bowls and spoons for the judging.
4. Recipes, detailing local ingredients used will be on view by the public who will be judging the entries.
5. Must provide samples to the judges from 12:30pm to 1:00pm.
6. All competitors must be willing to stay and serve members of the community the remaining soup should there be any.
7. Clams can be prepared ahead of time but the main chowder preparation must happen on the day of the competition on the fair grounds.
8. Contestants will need to provide their own stockpot and are encouraged to provide their own cooking source. Set up will be on the morning of August 6 from 8:30am to 10:00am. All cars must be removed from the fair grounds by 10am.
9. Competitors must be in place by 10:20 am the competition will be from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm when the dishes must be ready for judging.
10. There will be a first prize Cheque for $1,000.00 for the winning dish.
11. HGCF reserves the right to cancel the competition due to lack of community participation.